冰球突破 has been a leader in the field of rehabilitation for over100 years. 随着科技的发展, so have the advances and the equipment implemented for the rehabilitation of physical conditions. Burke remains in touch with all of these technological advances to provide the best care for patients.
Some of the technologies we offer at Burke include:
- Continuous Passive Machine (CPM) - This machine is used after joint surgery to move the joint without the patients having to move their muscles. It helps accelerate recovery time by decreasing soft tissue stiffness, 增加运动范围, promoting healing of joint surfaces and soft tissue, and preventing the development of scar tissue.
- EMPI电刺激器 -用于缓解肌肉痉挛, 增加局部血液循环, 保持或增加运动范围, and slow or prevent muscle disuse atrophy.
- Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing with Sensory Testing (FEESST) - Used to assess the motor and sensory aspects of the swallow to precisely guide the dietary and behavioral management of patients with swallowing problems to decrease the risk of aspiration pneumonia. It also allows evaluation of extra-esophageal manifestations of gastro-esophageal reflux (Laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR)) including asthma, 声音沙哑, 喉炎, 球和愿望.
- MOTOmed with Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) - The MOTOmed can be used for arm or leg training. In conjunction with the cycling motion, this system provides functional electrical stimulation that compensates for the missing impulses from the brain. This technology provides an ''active'' training option despite paralysis.
- NESS H200手部康复系统 – Neuro-orthotic and rehabilitation system that provides electrical currents to stimulate nerves and muscles to increase hand function, 防止肌肉萎缩, 使他们的肌肉, 增加血液循环, 减少肌肉痉挛, and increase or maintain hand range of motion.
- NESS L300 +脚踏下降系统 – Neuro-orthotic and rehabilitation system that provides electrical currents to stimulate nerves and muscles to assist with a more natural walking pattern, 减少肌肉痉挛, 减少肌肉萎缩, 保持或提高运动范围, and 增加局部血液循环; used to improve independence, 功能的移动, and safety in the treatment of foot drop.
- 任天堂Wii Fit - Patients work on their balance and strength through the various Wii games that help develop a person's sense of balance, and build muscle strength and stamina. The Wii also provides feedback and tracks the patient's progress.
- NuStep横卧交叉训练器 - These recumbent cross strainers help patients get a total-body exercise that has low impact on their joints.
- IOPI - Objectively measures tongue and lip strength which aides in the treatment of swallowing disorders.
- SaeboFlex – Allows individuals suffering from neurological impairments such as stroke the ability to incorporate their hand functionally in therapy and at home by supporting the weakened wrist, hand, 和手指. The SaeboFlex is a custom fabricated orthosis that is non-electrically based and is purely mechanical.
- WalkAide系统 – Battery operated medical device that uses myo-orthotics technology, combining electrical stimulation with orthotic technology in the treatment of foot drop. It is used to improve independence, 功能的移动, and safety.
- 是清淡的 - Used in combination with a comprehensive rehabilitation program to treat gait impairments in individuals after stroke, 创伤性脑损伤, 不完全脊髓损伤, 脑瘫, 截肢, 骨科损伤等, it allows patients to safely practice intensive physical therapy early in their rehabilitation. By altering the amount of body-weight support, the complexity of the task can be adjusted for the patient's ability to practice intensive gait and balance activities.